06 December 2011

Best Music List 2011

Hello All. Time to get back on the bandwagon. So, like I did earlier, I'll post my top music lists for 2011. It turns out that 2011 has been, like 2010 before it, a great year for music. I've found some amazing new artists and some of my favorite acts have released some great material. Don't know what it is, but I'm looking forward to 2012!


Top Albums of the Year:
1.     James Blake – James Blake
2.     Blanck Mass – Blanck Mass
3.     Bjork – Biophilia
4.     …And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead – Tao of the Dead
5.     The Antlers – Burst Apart
6.     Bon Iver – Bon Iver
7.     Cant – Dreams Come True
8.     Adventure – Lesser Known
9.     Handsome Furs – Sound Kapital
10.  Moonface – Organ Music Not Vibraphone Like I’d Hoped

Honorable Mentions: Radiohead - King of Limbs, Panabrite - Frequency Bath II, Justice - Audio, Video Disco, Emika- Emika, This Will Destroy You - Tunnel Blanket, Tycho - Dive, Julianna Barwick - The Magic Place, The Field - Looping State of Mind, Wolf Gang - Suego Falls

Top Tracks of the Year
1.     The National – Exile Vilify
2.     Moonface – The Way You Wish You Could Live in the Storm
3.     Adventure - Rio
4.     James Blake – Unluck
5.     Rustie – Surph
6.     …And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead – Summer of All Dead Souls
7.     The Strokes – Machu Pichu
8.     M83 – Midnight City
9.     The Antlers – Every Night My Teeth are Falling Out
10.  Bon Iver – Perth/Rest

And for fun, here's some of my favorite music videos from this year:





No comments:

Post a Comment